Friday 9 May 2014

Lucian Freud

My presentation will be about the paintings and personal appreciations about Lucian Freud.

 I ordered my presentation in two part, the first is about his biography, where did he studied, his perceptions about his own paintings and how he understand the act of create. The second part is about my own opinion of him, and what does mean his work for me. I've chosen a simple way to present this topic, because i want to keep the freshness of the exercise and don't fall in a deep point.

Well, I've chosen him because his work mean a lot in my process of learning, I've been following his painting since i left the school and until today I think that he is a great master and I feel lucky to have lived in this time of history.

Today he is considered one of the most important contemporary figurative artists, personally I can’t say something like that, because I don’t have a global seeing but I think that the way that he works, seeing and feeling a real model and then putting the oil paint in the canvas, is a real experience.


4 comments:

  1. I really like Freud, I think his work is amazing
    Nice choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never felt in that way the oil paint in the canvas, I think it's beautifull the way that you see your passion, I feel similar with the sculpture :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Freud too, well it seems like everybody in the university does, haha. Good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like Freud but your background image it's much better.

    ReplyDelete